It’s been a while since I posted a list here. Honestly, I am not a big fan of making lists on blogs. But I am finally back from my travels, and right now, my brain is one ginormous list of THINGS. And the only way I can think to clear out some of those things is to list them here.
You don’t mind, do you? Thanks.
1. BIRTHRIGHT is now available! You can purchase it wherever your favorite books are sold, however, not all retail stores will actually have it in stock, so you may have to request it or order it. Either way, you can now get it. (All links in the sidebar.)
2. Last week (or two weeks ago-ish?) I spent some time in Utah conferencing with the LDStorymakers and Authors Incognito. Guys. These people put on the BEST conferences for learning and networking, and all around inspiring. I was so lucky to be on staff for this conference. Talk about feeling special.
|Authors Incognito 2014 group shot|
3. I hung out with some people I have missed SO. Much.
4. It snowed while I was in Utah. The temperature at my house that day? Got up to 100 degrees. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?
5. The day before I left Texas, I went with my family to a wildlife reserve in San Antonio and got up close and personal with some wild beasts. And wildebeests. And also zebras and long horned goats and ostriches other things I can no longer name. T’was awesome.
6. School. Almost out for the summer. My oldest daughter graduates high school this year. I’m not old enough for this. Neither is she. I’m pretty sure her preschool teacher would agree.
*attempts to turn back the clock*
*gets in a fight with father time*
But summer = my favorite season. Bring on the swimsuits and sunscreen!
7. Kneaders café makes the BEST bread in the world. And cookies. I ate there three times while I was in Utah. If there’s one near you, you should go in my honor. The San Antonio location is still dirt and concrete, which means it won’t be opening for months. My family mourns with impatience.
8. Sunday is Mother’s Day. I miss my mommy more on Mother’s Day. And also my step-mother. And my Grandmothers. And for that matter, my sisters and sisters–in-law, and all the other mothers in my life. Happy day to all! And hugs and flowers and virtual chocolate. Because you deserve it.
9. If you haven’t signed up for my newsletter, youcan do that here. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all my news and be among the first to see exclusive content. Plus, it’s fun to be part of the cool kids club, so you really should consider joining.
*ducks rotten tomatoes*
No, really. It’ll be fun!
10. I went to a parade in Corpus Christi last weekend. It was at night, and very cool. Check out my favorite float. *Hi, my name is Nichole and I’m a Dr. Pepper addict*
Okay, that’s enough for now. But what about you? What have you been up to while I was away?