Friday, November 9, 2012

One of the Herd: Post 2


So, Wednesday, I told you about my drive up a canyon and my thought process. (To catch up on that, scroll to the post just previous to this one.)  I was thinking about all of those things, still driving, and then, I saw this: (And I apologize in advance for the blurry pictures--they were taken in motion.)
Some beautiful deer, waiting to cross the road.
A few minutes later, I also saw this:
Other herd members, waiting for their friends to cross over.

I read somewhere that deer are symbolic for an impending or upcoming journey. And I would like to point out how many deer there are in this next picture.
The rest of the herd, braving the wild TOGETHER. 

A lot, right?

So I have developed a theory. I think that all those deer are a sign that I will not be taking any of these journeys alone. That, in fact, I will be joined by a number of talented people who will mean something in my life and/or career, or will at least join me in braving the wild.  

The truth is that I have no idea what is coming tomorrow. For me, or for my family or friends, or anyone else. But I do know this. Everywhere I look, big things are happening for those who are strong enough, resilient enough, tough enough to fight for them. The journey is calling, the road is open, and there is no limit to possibility.

The only question left to ask is who will be joining the herd? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! What a great metaphor. I love the idea of friends crossing the road together, waiting, and then moving on into the wild open as a team. I got your back, Nicole! Run!