Friday, October 12, 2012

What Sets You Free?


I’ve been thinking about courage, and how much it takes for us to do those big things I talked about in this post.  I don’t know about the rest of you, but I manage to find my courage because I know that no matter how many times I fail, there are certain people in my life who will be there anyway.

Those people have kept me going when I wanted to quit, and held my hand to prevent me from falling into the dark, black pit of doom. People who love me, and who I love. And that love—that’s the thing that gives me the freedom to search for more, push boundaries, travel new roads, and do other hard things.

That clichéd phrase about love setting you free? Not such a cliché, actually. Because in love, there’s a degree of freedom that you can’t get from anywhere else. Or, well, this is truth for me.

What about you? What sets you free?

6 comments:

Angie said...

I agree. It's so nice to have that love and support. =)

Anonymous said...

Some people you simply cannot give up on because those people are destined for greater things. It's no more possible to give up on them than it is to hold the moon in my hand.

Donna K. Weaver said...

The ones we love are more likely to see the real us because we know they will still love us.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Beautifully said! I would not last long without the people I love in my life.

Rachelle Christensen said...

This is great. Yes, having that support from the ones I love helps so much. Being creative sets me free.

Jessica L. Celaya said...

Hmm I've never thought about what sets me free. Having people to support you is essential. I'm not sure where I'd be without the writing community. Maybe for me, my sheer stubbornness sets me free. Thanks for posting. This post made me think.