Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Life-Changing Stories


Books can be dangerous.  The best ones should be labeled "This could change your life."  ~Helen Exley

Quick! Name three books that changed your life. Here are mine:

1.       Harry Potter. (This is the book that made my son, who was in first grade at the time, keep me in his room for hours, reading to him. Time I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world.)

2.        Twilight. (Don’t laugh. I’ve been a reader my whole life, but this one came at the right time and made me decide to really, truly try writing a book of my own. Life changing? YES.)

3.        The Hunger Games. (This is the book that made me feel 100 shades of inadequate as a writer, but also made me strive harder to be better.)

Bonus: Any books by Nora Roberts. (Because I’m a romantic sap, who tore through these when my kids were babies, and these stories made me feel like I had a life outside of the rocking chair.)

Now it’s your turn. Go!

1 comment:

Stina said...

The only ones on your list I haven't read are those by Nora.

I agree with what you said on Twilight and definitely what you said with The Hunger Games. I'm still waiting for that all round brilliance found in that book. :)