Friday, January 13, 2012

Me in Ten

I’ve done posts like this before. And for those of you who’ve been around for a while, please forgive the repeat. I’ve picked up a lot of new readers this year, so I figure it’s time to do a sort of get-to-know-ya post. Yeah?

Okay.

1. I’m older than I look, younger than my age, different than you think.

2. Four kids (one who will be graduating from high school this spring), and two golden retrievers all call me Mom. (Okay, the dogs don’t actually talk, but ya know.)

3. If it sparkles, I’ll like it. Also, if it’s colorful.

4. I live in the Utah mountains, but hope to someday move to a place with sand, water, and palm trees.

5. I’m an author (see sidebar or click the my books link above) of two small press books, and intend to break into the YA national market very soon.

6. I type fast and read fast, but the stories in my head evolve slowly.

7. I believe that love conquers all and that determination can help us overcome all obstacles, and compassion should be part of our daily decisions (maybe a little too idealistic, but that’s me in a nutshell).

8. Driving with my convertible top down is my preference. Even if it’s raining. But I don’t like to be cold, so not in snow.

9. I have four parents and ten siblings, not including the in-laws on either side. Also, over a hundred aunts, uncles, and cousins and three-living grandparents. Yep. Makes for some crazy family gatherings. I like it that way.

10. Travelling = yes please. Whenever and wherever I can, I love to go, go, go. Adventure included? Thanks!

There you have it. Me in 10 statements. If you’re a new reader (or not) feel free to tell me a few things about you. Let’s get to know each other!

8 comments:

Carolyn V said...

You do look young. I remember the first time I saw you and though, "There is no way she has kids." lol! Lucky. ;)

Riv Re said...

Wait. Anything that sparkles? Does that include sparklepires? Please tell me it doesn't include sparkpires...

Melody said...

I am so jealous of your hundred relatives. :) I have zero cousins on one side and two on the other, so family gatherings tend to be on the smaller side. :( It was great to get to know you in ten! :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Hehe, this was fun! I especially like this one:

"I live in the Utah mountains, but hope to someday move to a place with sand, water, and palm trees."

Because I want that too. :)

BrendaSue said...

I would have agree that you do not look old enough to have a senior in h.s.! Also, I would gladly be your neighbor in the sunny, palm tree, beachy place! :)

Nichole Giles said...

Carolyn, you're so sweet. I think the same about you.

Riv Re, when I say sparkles, I'm talking jewels, glitter, sequins. That kind of fun stuff.

Melody, I'll happily share my enormous family. At this point, the more the merrier.

Michelle, we can be neighbors in paradise! Then we can have a critique group on the beach.

And Brenda Sue, done!

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Angie said...

Great list! I agree, you do look young. I'm glad you live in Utah for now. I think it's fun to have a big family. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Loved learning more about you. I didn't know you had golden retrievers! I have a golden named Winston. He's been so good for our family. =D

I hear you on warmer climates!