Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away.


Dudes! Tomorrow. Tomorrow is this year’s LDStorymakers writer’s conference, which is one of the largest conferences in Utah. And it’s one of my favorites. And also, I’m totally dragging one of my fab 5 besties with me this year, so it’s going to be extra fun.

Quick thought for the week: What are the five main reasons you attend writer’s conferences (or not)?

Mine:

1.       I love to learn, and this is a great way to learn from industry greats.
2.       I love to be social, and conferences are the best place to do this in a professional sphere.
3.       Face-to-face time with agents, editors, and my favorite authors.
4.       Conferences are a great way to fill your tank of inspiration past the top.
5.       All my friends are there. Well, okay, not all of them. But a lot of them.

What about you?

3 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Agreed, on all of them. I love the feeling of conferences and the excitement. Plus it gives me a boost to keep writing that story!

Anonymous said...

Conferences are a great way to refill my creative well. They're also a great place to realize that I'm not alone out here. There are other crazies just like me! :)

Windy Aphayrath said...

wish i was at the conference with all y'all ... (when did i turn into a texan???) ... but alas, small children + day job = unavoidable obligations. *sigh* perhaps next time and i'm hoping you have had mucho fun-o for me too!