Friday, December 2, 2011

Seasonal Traditions

The Christmas / Hanukah / Kwanza / Festivus season is officially here. For my family, it means there’s a twelve-foot tree in our living room and little Santa’s and Snowmen around the house. There’s a card table with a puzzle in the family room, where we can work on it while we watch holiday movies, and our dining room table has been set up as the official treat station.

And now, all we need are some presents for people to squeeze and shake. (Working on that.)

This year’s puzzle is a James Christensen print, and most likely we’ll grab a couple Dowdle puzzles as well, because, well, we love them. (And we glue them when we’re done, so we always need a new one.)

If you were to visit my house, what movie would you want to watch (holiday or other favorites), and what treat would you hope to find on our table?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition! I never thought of doing puzzles together. Maybe we'll try it.

We play a secret-gift game every year on Christmas Eve. We also celebrate St. Nicholas Day and wait for him and his horsey to bring us treats in our shoes. He was a day late this year but we forgave him because it was so bloody cold!

p.s. In case you can't tell, I'm trying to catch up. Sorry I haven't been around in like...a year. It's not you, it's me. Don't I sound like George?