Monday, October 17, 2011

When You’re High on Cold Meds

You really shouldn’t make important online transactions.

For the last two weeks I’ve had an ongoing, long-lasting cold that I just can’t seem to get rid of, despite my doctor prescribing an antibiotic and my going a little nuts on vitamin supplements and probiotics. It’s all good, though. I have an economy size box of Sudafed, another one of Nyquil, and an ample supply of tissues.

As it happened, last week was a really busy one for me, and while I canceled a number of things, I couldn’t cancel or rearrange them all.

For example, paying bills. None of those big companies cared that I was dying, as long as they got their money.

Apparently, sometime on Thursday, at a time when I must have been high on cold meds, I paid my mortgage. Saturday, I had no recollection of such an event. (Even today, I have no recollection of it.) And so, worried that I had forgotten, I went online and made the payment.

It wasn’t until I thought to double check my bank balance that I realized my massive error.

I paid my biggest, most overwhelming bill twice.

Oops.

And still, I have no idea when on Thursday I made that payment. But according to my online statement, I did pay it that day.

Note to self: When you’re living on cold meds, you are not as lucid as you think. Just. Stick to email and Facebook and don’t do anything else, okay? Okay. Oh, and also, you should call the bank now.

**Because of last week’s illness, and my lack of publicity attempts, I have decided to extend out the deadline for the October Give Back Giveaway until midnight, Friday Oct 21. Enter here if you’ve done something nice this month.

2 comments:

Carolyn V said...

LOL. I had a cold meds incident (but I'll have to tell you in person, because it's just too embarrassing).

Angie said...

Ouch! Hope you get it worked out and get feeling better too!