Friday, October 7, 2011

All the Time in the World

I think Jack Bauer said it best. “We’re running out of time!”

I used to love watching 24. Every episode, I’d wait for that line, then count how many times he said it. It was, by far and long, his favorite thing to say. But oh, Jack. How right you were. And are.

I don’t know about you, but lately it feels like there’s just not enough time in a day. Or in a week. Or a month, for that matter. How’s a person supposed to keep up?

So here I am, looking at my fall schedule, trying to fit in something fantastic that I am absolutely stoked to do, and wondering where I’m supposed to put it. I shouldn’t be surprised. Seems like it happens every year, and every year, I am somehow blindsided by it. Go figure.

Also, besides the things already on my schedule, I’m planning to write a novel in November. (See this post, if you missed that announcement.)

Don’t get me wrong. I love my life, and all the things in my schedule are things I CHOOSE to put there. I am well aware of this fact. But I am also aware that I will have to CHOOSE to cut some things out, or put them off, or rearrange them. It’s just life, I guess.

Oh how I wish I could borrow Hermione Granger’s time turner for just one month.

Which brings up the question. If you had the opportunity to borrow a time turner for a month, which month would you choose, and why? And what would you accomplish during that month?

6 comments:

Angie said...

Just one month?? I need one every day! It would have to be December, I think, so I could be to all the concerts and parties that I want to attend and be with everyone I want to be with during the holidays. Although, it would really come in handy in May too.

Donna K. Weaver said...

One month? Without a doubt, it would be the month before my mother died. I was fourteen and eeked out about going to visit her in the hospital (she had a brain tumor). At that age I never imagined she would never come home.

While it was a hellish time, I would go back to that time and make visits to that creepy hospital and see the woman I loved so dearly and cherish the time I got to spend with her. The irony struck me when, in a foreign country, I went through the birth of my first child alone. Oh, his father was there. But my mom would have been there, too. I ditched her in the hospital. Not every time but enough times. I'd even ride with my father and then sit outside in the car. Dumb kids.

Yes. I know what I'd do if I had a a month I could redo.

Jemi Fraser said...

A month sounds great! I'd take July. School's just finished, so I don't do too much school work this month. I focus on family and writing. It's fabulous! :)

Gail said...

November. That is the month I would do over and over again. One you've got Thanksgiving which I think should be a holiday in every month.(I love mashed potatoes) Two it's NaNoWrMo. I get more writing and editing done in the month of November than anyother month.

Keith N Fisher said...

Thats easy. I wouldn't need it for a month. As I understand it, I would only need it for as long as it took to go back.

I would be twenty one again and live my life back forward. knowing what I know now, the world would be my oyster.

I do like Donna's response though. I'd like to go back before my dad died.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

I think every month needs more time in it, but if I can only choose one, it'll be December. I can never get enough of Christmas celebrations. Except shopping. I don't like shopping. :)