1. It seems like a cruel joke that Mother Nature has chosen to send us snow during the entire week of spring break. Just. Cruel.
2. I get a kick out of how some people have expressed concern about me since I put purple streaks in my hair. I mean, seriously, peeps, it’s just hair color! (And I intend to keep it for a while because it makes me smile. A lot.)
3. Not that my taste in books has changed much lately, but I’ve found myself giving them fewer pages to hook me before I give up and move onto something else. Not sure why—guess it’s a lack of time thing?
4. Brownies are sometimes a better alternative to cake. They may not be as pretty, but they’re like fluffy-chocolatey-gooeyness that can be eaten at any time of the day and always make a girl feel happy.
5. I still have not figured out the phenomenon that makes all the neighborhood dogs howl whenever they hear sirens. It’s like they have a compulsion to imitate the wail. Sound the alarm, doggies! Do they want to chase the fire truck? Rescue someone from a fire? Munch on the flashing light or siren speaker? If only I could read their minds. Could be interesting.
6. I am proud to admit that my family has been working on being prepared for emergencies—like earthquakes or other natural catastrophes—and if an earthquake hit Utah today, hopefully we’d have what we need to survive for a little while. Except Bandaids. We keep forgetting to buy those. Doh.
7. In less than a month, I will be hanging with some of my bestest author friends at the 2011 LDStorymakers writer’s conference. So. Excited. It’s my fave conference of the year—every year. And I. Am. So. Stoked. *breathes to calm excited belly-dragon-flies*
8. My oldest daughter turned 15 this weekend. It's kind of freaking me out that I'm going to have to teach yet another of my children to drive. And then she'll be asking to borrow my car, and...yeah.
9. I interviewed a way awesome, super funny author today over at the Star Crossed blog. Be sure to stop by and say hi.
10.Apparently, I have a thing for lists lately. I really should analyze that sometime soon.