2. Sometimes the needs of others are more important than our personal needs. And sometimes they aren’t.
3. When something I’ve done makes a person smile on the outside, I feel all happy and smiley on the inside.
4. Be careful with your gadgets when going to the pool. Water+phone=BADBADBAD! (And to think I considered--for a short minute--taking my netbook!)
5. I am completely dependent on technology, and I’m really okay with that.
6. The Apple genius squad knows how to make things all better. For a price.
7. I can live without hot water for at least three days—maybe more. I can deal with damage to my car—yes, my beloved Mustang—without tears. The loss of my phone for 30 hours was life-altering, traumatic, and completely crippling.
8. But my family means more to me than my phone, and cannot be fixed or replaced by the guys at Apple.
9. Sometimes life keeps you from writing when you really, really want to write. Even when you have fantabulous ideas that must be scribbled onto a napkin as you’re waiting at a traffic light, hoping that when you get to a computer you can read your writing and make sense of the jumble of words.
10. It’s okay if I didn’t make my weekly goal. All I can do is what I can do, and then pick up where I left off and try again next week.
Goal for July: FINISH at least one of the two rough drafts on which I’m working. Hold me to it, peeps!