The Sharp Edge of a Knife Blog Tour and Giveaway!
To celebrate the release of The Sharp Edge of a Knife, I’ve put together an exciting giveaway, with several opportunities to win. Since the book deals a lot with making choices, the prizes all have something to do with choice.
Among prizes I’ve been collecting, Lisa at Watches by Lisa has agreed to sponsor the giveaway by donating a custom made beaded watch and face. Head on over to her blog and take a look at the incredible selection.
So, choice number one: the winner gets to choose a watch band and face so that their watch is personalized to their tastes and fashion needs.
Yes, I realize that a beaded watch is not exactly a prize to be coveted by a bunch of masculine men (though it makes a great gift for the woman or girl in your life), which is why I’m also giving away more great stuff. Check out the following really cool prizes:
1. Choice between: An autographed copy of the New York Times number one bestselling novel, Wings by Aprilynne Pike—or—a non-autographed copy of The Darwin Awards, Intelligent Design by Wendy Northcutt—or—a numbered, autographed copy of Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright. Click here to learn more about Wings, here to read about The Darwin Awards, and here to find out about Recovering Charles.
2. Choice between: A $25 gift certificate to the Restaurant Morelia in Murray, UT (Sorry out-of-state peeps, this is local to Utah.) or $25 worth of vinyl lettering by Whaddayawannasay Vinyl Lettering—you choose your quote or phrase.
Bonus prize for author types
3. You may substitute any of the above selections with the following incredible opportunity: The chance to sit in on a critique session with my wonderful, amazing, incredible critique group. While there, you will be treated to not one, but six critiques on the first chapter of your work in progress. This is no ordinary group. We have in our midst some fabulous authors including Tristi Pinkston, acquisitions editor for Valor publishing and author of the Secret Sisters series, Danyelle Ferguson, freelance editor and author of (dis)Abilities and the Gospel—who will edit via internet, since she actually lives in Kansas—Heather Justesen, author of The Ball’s In Her Court and the upcoming release, Rebound, Kimberly Job, author of I’ll Know You By Heart, and Keith Fisher, up and coming author of women’s fiction and plotting genius, and Nichole Giles, also known as D.N. Giles.
**If you are not local to Utah, but would still like this option, we will still critique your chapter online.
Entries will be accepted between March 15th and April 3rd. On April 5th Nichole will announce the contest winners on her blog. Entry requirements:
1. You must be a follower of my blog.
2. You must leave a comment telling me which prize you want to win and why.
3. For those wishing to win the watch, you must go to Watches by Lisa and become a follower, then come back and tell me which watch combination is your favorite.
1. Blog about this contest, then come back and leave either a url address or a link in a comment.
2. Twitter this contest, tell me where to see your tweet in a comment.
3. Follow me on Twitter.
4. Facebook the contest. If your Facebook page is private, and I’m not your friend, I can’t see that you’ve done this, so you’ll need to friend me.
5. Become a fan of The Sharp Edge of a Knife on Facebook.
You may enter this contest here, as well as on any of the tour posts at the following blogs:
March 15th Cindy Beck, Review
March 16th David J. West, review, interview
March 17th Cindy Beck, Interview
March 18th Tristi Pinkston, review
March 19th Rachelle Christensen, review
March 22nd Shanda, LDS Women’s Book Review
March 24th Heather Justesen, review
March 26th Kimberly Job, interview
March 26th Heather Justesen, interview
March 27th Keith Fisher, review
March 28th Ali Cross, Review
March 29th Rachelle Christensen, Interview
March 30th Heather Gardener, Fire and Ice Book Reviews
March 31st Danyelle Ferguson review, interview
Exclusive contest for bloggers/reviewers
Because Nichole is so grateful to her reviewers for taking the time out of their lives to read her book and write an honest review, she’s holding a second contest, open only to people who have read and reviewed her book. This contest will include the blog tour hosts, as well as anyone else who HAS READ The Sharp Edge of a Knife and written a review on a blog, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, or other reviewing site. Just to clarify: YOU MUST HAVE READ THIS BOOK and be prepared to answer two random questions about the contents to qualify. Simply leave a comment on Nichole’s blog, telling specifically where to find your review, and what you liked best about the book and you’ll be entered into the drawing. (Blog tour reviewers are automatically entered twice.)
The prize? An electronic copy of From the Query to the Call by Elana Johnson. With this book, you will also receive a query critique from the query queen herself. The critique is invaluable for authors looking for a publisher or agent. Should the winner already own this particular ebook, Nichole will offer an alternate prize.
Bloggers will also receive extra points for every ten comments on their posts, and the winner will be drawn via random.org on April 5th. Yes, I am aware that this is the first day of spring break for some school districts. I, too, have plans that week, which is why I’ll give you ample time to get back to me following the notification of the winner.
Good luck to all!
To purchase this book click here.
To purchase this book click here.