What is it about fate that makes certain weeks extra busy, and others extra slow? And why haven't any slow weeks been thrown my way lately? Seriously, sometimes I think it's a miracle that I get any sleep at all. Just saying.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'm actually very excited about everything I have going on right now. But, you know, there aren't enough hours, yadda yadda. The good news is this is a cool, fun, interesting week. Here's the rundown:
1. Today I blogged on Writing Fortress (aka Cedar Fort Authors) about why networking is important. Click here to read more.
2. The winner of the $20 Barnes and Noble gift card has been posted, along with a few random Monday comics on LDS Humor. (Yes, posted by yours truly.) And while I'm talking about winners, the contest winners for all the other contests I posted about last week have also been chosen. I'm not one of them, but scroll down and click on the links to see if you might be one of the lucky ones.
3. Tomorrow, right here on this blog, I'll be reviewing a book called Love Your Body by Brooke Parker R.D.. It's a short read with excellent suggestions on how to rethink your eating and dieting habits. PS This is NOT a diet book! I'm not a big dieter, but I do think eating right is important. Check back on Tuesday to read more about it. Also, as a bonus, enter to win one of five copies of the book, being given away by the publisher. Yahoo! More free stuff.
4. Wednesday I've been asked to present at the League of Utah Writers meeting. This is a great honor. I'll be bringing my coauthor Cindy Beck with me, and we're speaking about our journey From Proposal to Publishing and Promotion. (Aka how Mormon Mishaps and Mischief came to be.) The meeting is being held at the library in Provo, UT, room 201 from 7-9 pm. Oh yes, and it's free to the public. That is, unless you're a heckler. Then you'll be forced to buy my books as payment.
I'll also have a few books handy for purchase, and will sign them for you if you ask nicely. Or if you bribe me with chocolate. Either way.
5. Thursday is my regular posting day at LDS Writer's Blogck. Since I've been busy taking care of Monday-Wednesday's obligations, I have no idea what I'm blogging about there. I'll surprise you. But still come leave comments. They make me so happy.
6. Friday I'm jumping on a plane bound for Phoenix. (Okay, not literally jumping. We all know what happened when Kramer did that.) Yahoo! Off to the ANWA Writer's Conference. I'll be spending the rest of the weekend hanging with my ANWA sisters, learning, relaxing, and writing. Along with some other authors, I'll be signing right after the conference, probably somewhere in the hotel, so if you're in the Mesa area come by and say hi. I'll even sign a book for you. **Crossing my fingers I'll have copies of The Sharp Edge of a Knife before Friday**
7. What else? Oh yes, March 5th is the day I'll post about my next way cool giveaway. This is in conjunction with a blog tour for my good friend Rachelle Christensen's new release, Wrong Number. You don't want to miss this one, people. So mark your calendars. Also, you MUST read this book. It's a page turner, I tell ya.
8. I'm also still looking for a way awesome, incredible, cool grand prize to give away on my blog tour for The Sharp Edge of a Knife. Speaking of that, I'm also STILL waiting for confirmation on the launch date. I have a tentative schedule, but it all depends on how fast the bookstore can get books. One way or another, I'm launching in mid-March, even if I have to change locations. I'll let y'all know asap.
9. There's still time to register for the LDStorymakers Conference in April. And if you hurry, you'll be able to just squeak by inside the deadline for the first chapter contest. Great prize this year, too. Check it out and register, if you know what's good for you. I'm going, which means all the cool people will be there.
Am I missing anything? Seriously? Because I know I am--not including my kids' indoor soccer games, basketball, music, yadda yadda yadda. What is it? Remind me already!