Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love Challenge: Day 12


Is it so small a thing

To have enjoy'd the sun,

To have lived light in the spring,

To have loved, to have thought, to have done...

~Matthew Arnold


I love LIFE!!! Even on bad days, I get to go to bed knowing that it all starts over in the morning. I breathe in and out, live second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. And even though I may regret some of my actions, I don't ever regret a single minute of living. Life itself is an incredible and precious gift that can be taken from us when least expected. I tuck my kids in bed each night, and never forget to tell them how much I love them...just in case.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love that quote. AND I found myself staying way too long on your blog this morning enjoying them music. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

ali cross said...

I LOVE that Arnold quote! Awesome.

Very sweet post Nichole. It doesn't surprise me at all that you are the sort who can live in the moment and who really LOVES life - it's evident in the shine in your eyes, your ready smile, your beautiful writing.

Thanks for sharing!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Your quote and comments remind me of a line from Anne of Green Gables (the movie). "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."

Cindy Beck, author said...

Good advice, to live every day as if it's new, and to tell your kids you love them.

The same thing goes for spouses ... there are no guarantees in life, so I always try to kiss my hubby goodbye when he leaves and to wave at him from the window. If something should ever happen to him, I want his last memories of me to include smiles and love.

Karen E. Hoover said...

Awesome. I love life too, even when it gets hard. Beautiful post.