Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Announcement (In Case You Missed It)

Happy December! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving week last week. This is going to be a repeat of information for those who subscribe to my newsletter, but since I'm excited, I want to make sure I share it everywhere. 

For those who read this blog or follow me on social media, you might have already guessed that while the Descendant series has been my primary focus for the last two years, it has not been my ONLY focus, or my only project.  

The result of one of my many other projects is a BRAND NEW BOOK, which is totally and completely separate from the Descendant series, including its characters, and world. This book (which is the first of a two-book series) is a young adult romantic fantasy called WATER SO DEEP, and will be released to the public in paperback and e-book on February 2. (Why yes, yes that is Groundhog Day!) 

The cover is not included here because it hasn't been released yet, but for those of you who are excited about helping me spread the word about this very exciting new release, I will be sure to post sign up links on my blog and FB page as soon as they are available.

I have to be honest here. Of all the books I've written so far, this one is my personal favorite, and I can't wait to share it with all of you. 

Here is a little teaser blurb that is extremely rough and nowhere near final. Probably.

WATER SO DEEP

Seventeen-year-old Emma Harris is drowning on dry land.

No one knows what’s happening to her, and she’d like to keep her evolution from human to mermaid a secret, but the truth is getting harder and harder to hide. From her adoptive family, from her friends, and especially from the irresistible James Phelps.

Her time in the ocean is spent dodging a possessive merman, while her time on land is split between caring for her special-needs brother and squeezing in every last possible moment of human life. She soon realizes falling for James is unavoidable when he constantly comes to Emma’s rescue and somehow manages to see through her carefully constructed icy facade to the vulnerability she lives with every day. Everything about James makes Emma yearn for a life on land she just can't have.


When Emma’s brother disappears on her watch, James is the only person she trusts to help her save him. But even if they can save her brother, nothing can prevent her return to the sea. Whether she likes it or not, Emma is changing—unable to breathe without yielding to the tide—and it's only a matter of time before she's forced to surrender forever.

No comments: