Tis the season of family togetherness. (Read: Fighting, bickering, arguing.) And I know there are a whole bunch of activities that will help bring the holiday spirit home. (And if that doesn’t work, there’s always duct tape.)
I think playing, eating, and even watching TV together can be a good thing, even if needed in small doses. But there’s nothing like a good holiday story to change the tone and restore peace among men (or children, as the case may be).
Today’s topic: Holiday Stories
1. The Nativity (Isn’t that a given?)
2. T’was the Night Before Christmas.
3. The Snow Tree (on my kids insistence—because the pages are texturized, I guess.)
4. You Are Special (not just a holiday story, but one we love, just the same.)
5. The Polar Express
And on my personal TBR list this season:
1. The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans
See that list up there? It’s woefully short. And yeah, I have plenty of books on my to be read list, but still. I want to know what other fabulous holiday books are out there. So spill. What’s your favorite holiday story?