This week I’m in a holiday mood. I had dinner with some friends the other day, and we exchanged heart-felt gifts (the kind that wouldn’t mean nearly as much coming from anyone else) and it has left me feeling festive and happy. To me, time spent with the important people in our lives is what makes the holidays special.
In celebration of this feeling of festivity, I’m going to be talking about some of my family’s holiday favorites. And I’d love to hear yours. Maybe we’ve forgotten old favorites from the past, or haven’t found newer gems of joy. Either way, perhaps if we all share a little piece of holiday cheer, we can help each other catch the true spirit of what this season is really all about.
Today’s topic: Movies
1. Elf (EPIC. Best Christmas movie of all time, IMO.)
2. The Christmas Story (Only just barely trumped by Elf.)
3. The Santa Clause (Yes, it’s a series, but the first one is still the best by far.)
4. While You Were Sleeping (because, romance always makes me smile—plus that family is hilarious.)
5. Jingle All The Way (Because I think it’s all too accurate.)
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. (Both the animated and the new version.)
7. Jack Frost (even though it makes me cry.)
**8. Home movies of Christmases past. My family loves to watch and remember. It brings us closer together and reminds us of all the best parts of our life together. If you have home movies of your family, I highly recommend you try this.
This is a small list. I know there are TONS of awesome holiday favorites out there. What are yours?