Monday, March 7, 2011

Who Are You Again?

Question. By show of hands (or comments—either way) how many of you (my readers) are writers (as in writing, revising, submitting with the hope of being published) and who are just interested readers who are completely supportive and awesome because you keep coming back? (And could I write a longer sentence with more parentheticals? Wait. Don’t answer that.)

I’m just wondering. There is no right or wrong answer, really. Just, you know, when I’m preparing my posts, it helps to know my audience. And I think it’s really important to know your audience well.  So who are you? Cuz I know you’re not all writers wanting to know about the publishing world. Some are. But I also know there are a bazillion writing blogs out there. Agent blogs. Author blogs. Publisher blogs. Book blogs. Goodreads, Shelfari. A. Lot.

I’ve always been a big believer in writing from the heart. So I do. And I don’t intend to change that. I could easily jump on a hundred different bandwagons, join blogfests, color my hair purple (wait, did that already), and rethink my content according to supply and demand. (Wow, that makes me sound like a grocery store.)

 However, writing and the publishing industry are both a big part of my life, and I do blog about them from time to time. I try not to focus solely on those things, because I know not everyone wants to read about them constantly. But today I’m wondering.

Who are you? And what brings you back here time and again? Just curious.  

Thanks for the feedback.

7 comments:

Lindsay N. Currie said...

*raises hand* writer here!

Windy Aphayrath said...

I write. and I read. and I love the writerly community! oh, and i love bread pudding too.

Nicole said...

Just a reader!

Stacy Henrie said...

I'm a writer, but I like reading posts about all sorts of things - writing and life and what not.

Angie said...

Writer. I love reading your posts about any subject at all. You are very insightful.

Unknown said...

I'm a writer but I come back to this blog because you don't overdo the writing posts - sure, I like one every now and again, but I prefer the random stories and ideas you pose rather than just information I can get elsewhere (as you said, there are already thousands of writing/editing/publishing blogs out there). Personally, I love the content you have now and hope you continue with it (as long as you are happy with it of course).

Anonymous said...

So I totally commented on FB about this one but just for clarity's sake: I'm both! Yay! And I love ya!