Monday, November 1, 2010

Holy Fangirl, Batman!

I have this thing for meeting authors. It may actually be classified as an addiction. I don’t know. You decide. Anyway, my friend Elana and I crashed the Provo Library Teen Book Festival (in UT) last Saturday with the sole intention of meeting mega-author Scott Westerfeld.

I had him sign these:
 



And this:

And this:


I was quite proud of both myself and Elana for having conversed in a dignified manner, rather than going all gushy fangirl as he was signing our books. We also took a few minutes to chat with some other local authors, like Ally Condie and Lisa Mangum.












But, you say, this isn’t a problem. It was a local book festival, right? And, hello? Rockstar Mega author! Well, yes. This is true. But I attend signings a few times a month too. For instance, a couple weeks ago, I went to this book launch.

Before that, it was this one.

And in September, a lucky stroke of timing allowed me to be at the National Book Festival in Washington D.C., where I met…

Holy fangirl, Batman!

Suzanne Collins!!!



And yes, I did my best to be dignified there too. But you know. Couldn’t help but *squee* just a little bit.

She was not able to sign that day, but did have a stamp. I had her stamp this book. (Two copies--one is mine, the other??)

As you can see, I MIGHT possibly have some fab prizes to give away. And because the holidays are coming up, and because I’m so grateful to all my readers, I'm going to be doing some really awesomesauce giveaways in the near future. If you are a fangirl/boy reader who loves swag and autographed copies of bestselling books, stay tuned and keep following. You won’t be sorry.

Who is your favorite author and to what lengths would you go to meet him or her?

5 comments:

ali cross said...

I'm totally jealous I wasn't able to go see Westerfeld this weekend. You are one lucky girl!

Isn't it great living here where we have the opportunity to meet awesome authors? It's pretty spectacular.

I'm not sure who I'd like most to meet, there are so many books (and authors!) to love!

Angela said...

Seriously? You're giving away signed books? That is amazing!

OK, so I think it's great you meet all these authors. So jealous you can go without taking little kids with you. And having them scream in the middle of what you're doing, and pull books off the shelves, and climb on the curtains, and scare everyone away.

So maybe I have a few issues. Totally jealous.

Angie said...

You are so lucky! All those fabulous authors. I would so love a chance to meet Connie Willis or Julie Czerneda. I've met Orson Scott Card a few times. I got to meet Brandon Sanderson at church last year. I was such a dork. I was so nervous that I asked his mother-in-law (my friend) to introduce me and then I just stood there in the hallway of the church babbling like an idiot at him. LOL.

Elana Johnson said...

It was the most EPIC thing I've ever seen. Did you see the pics Heather put up? AWESOME.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I have lots of favorite authors! And I do a lot to meet them. I flew from Kansas to Utah when author Heather Justesen had her first book launch. When Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls Academy) came to Kansas, I was out of town, so I bribed a friend to drive two & a half hours so I could get signed copies of all her Gallagher Girls books. And every year, I bring a huge stack of books I purchased throughout the year to the Storymakers conference to get signed. Then I purchase even more at the conference (signed, of course) and ship the whole lot back to Kansas via media mail.

I so totally loved autographed books.