Okay, this is so totally appropriate, because these awards are kind of random, and since that goes right along with my blog title (see above) well, it just works. My friend Christine Fonseca awarded these to me, which means I get to pass them on to fifteen other bloggers.
In case you're wondering, winning a blog award is sort of like a game of tag. Someone will "award" you with a picture and post your name and link, and then you have to share the same "award" with so many other bloggers. So it's not really an award you win for, like, accomplishing anything. It's just more of a fun way to get to know other bloggers and spread the linkage far and wide. Therefore, this is a fun activity for us.
You should totally check out the blogs of the authors linked in these posts, because bloggers love readers. Really. Like, serious love. Just sayin.
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Seven things about myself, in no particular order:
1. I recently discovered that Red Vines are also made in grape flavor, which are appropriately called Grape Vines. I love these things. They're so hard to find that I bought five packs (which was all they had) from WinCo, just to keep a supply that is now almost gone.
2. I love to travel. And while I travel, I enjoy trying new foods. So, as I'm on my road trip this week, I'm sure I'll find some odd new thing to try. Totally excited about it. (Suggestions anyone?)
3. I always sleep with a fan on. A little bit of white noise goes a long way to helping me sleep sound.
4. The people at my local convenience stores know me by sight, and some even by name. And not only that, when I show up at the drive thru, they even know exactly what I want in my refill mug. "A Dr. Pepper with lots of ice, please."
5. I've never been to Canada, climbed a light house, or seen Niagra Falls. But I intend to do at least two of those things very soon. We'll see.
6. Whenever I go to the library or a bookstore and see teens browsing the YA section looking lost, I have this insane urge to take them by the hand, lead them to the greatest books, and say, "Here. Let me show you what you want to read."
7. One of my kids loaded an iPod that was playing in my car, and I became attached and addicted to the music of Avril Lavigne. She's Awesome! Also, my friend Elana turned me onto The Script, a group who is also awesome. Oh, AND Maroon 5 has a new album coming out on Tuesday. SO TOTALLY buying that along the way. ~music love!~
Okay, now I'm passing these awards onto the following bloggers:
1. Bethany Wiggins and Suzette Saxton at Shooting Stars.
2. Windy Aphayrath at Like the Weather
3. L.T. Elliott at Dreams of Quill and Ink
4. Christine Bryant at Daydreamer
5. Angie Lofthouse at Notes from the Writing Chair
6. Keith Fisher at The Writers Eyes
7. Elizabeth Mueller
8. Jenn Wilks at Lifelong Book Worm
9. Tristi Pinkston
10. Heather Justesen
11. Karlene Browning at Inksplasher
12. Darvell Hunt at LDS Writer's Blogck
13. Cindy Beck at Write Up My Alley
14. Mary at Writers Butt Does Not Apply to Me
15. Elana Johnson
Can't wait to see all your posts!
**PS I won't be notifying nominees until I get home on Sunday. But if you see your name listed here, feel free to consider yourself notified and blog away at your leisure.