Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm A Watter Bottle Wimp

Okay, first of all, when I say wimp, yes, I’m talking about myself. I openly admit it. But in my defense, it’s not for lack of trying.

So here’s how it usually goes. I get a water bottle because I’m thirsty. I like to mix flavored green tea in my water, because it’s good for me. Sometimes this is in the morning on my way to the gym, others it’s more like lunch time. Whatever.

About a month ago, I got one of those nifty little refillable water bottles in an effort to go green. I love that thing. It’s durable and easy to refill. And the lid is easy to take off.

This is not usually the case with store-bought disposables. Sometimes, I can get the lid off with no problem. Others, not so much. My conclusion: it’s the fault of the factory robot that sealed the stupid things. They must use machines, and naturally, machines and robots are stronger than the average person. Or at least stronger than me. Case in point, I’ve been known to fight with a lid for as long as half an hour before giving up.

Considering all the typing I do, I should have at least some muscle in my hands and wrists. *shrugs* I don’t know why I don’t. Just sayin.

So, on Saturday, during the League of Utah Writers workshop, I was very lucky to sit by my friend Elana Johnson. Not only is she a blast of fun to talk to, but also, she’s an expert bottle opener. I was so relieved at that fact. Thanks to Elana, I didn’t have to try to fight my way across the crowded room to find Keith—who has also been known to open bottles for me. Nor did I have to go thirsty.

Thank goodness for friends and easy-to-open refillable bottles. If not for them, I’d probably stick to drinking pop all the time. And that wouldn’t be good for me either. Or would it? Hm.

4 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! It's good to know that about Elana. She is awesome. Plus I agree with the machines. They tighten those things way too tight! =)

Angie said...

When I led the music in church, I sometimes felt my arm was going to fall off before the end of the sacrament hymn. Talk about wimpy! Glad you enjoyed the workshop and didn't have to drink pop or go thirsty! (Wish I could have come.)

Anonymous said...

Definitely robots. And mint-flavored green tea? Mmmm. I think I'll have to go shopping with you.

Windy said...

Reading this post totally made me thirsty.

And we've converted over to the refillable bottles too and love them! Especially since there's so many that have such character :) and it is a ton of savings of the earth and in the wallet.