Saturday, October 17, 2009
Last week was a little trying for me. I don’t really know why, a bunch of small things added together with some not-so-small ones and by the end, I was ready to run away and start a new life in another country. Well, okay, maybe not an entirely new life. Still, sometimes I feel that way, you know?
And then my friend Ronda awarded me with the “Over The Top” blogger award, and the fact that she would think of me, and her reasons behind giving me the award made my week. I am one lucky lady to have such supportive and wonderful friends like Ronda, and our larger Authors Incognito group, as well as my other writing groups and all the extended support I get every day from each of them. Also, I have some amazing and wonderful friends who are not writers, and who love me no matter what.
Thanks to a combination of those people, this week has been wonderful, and so much better than last week. Hooray for awesome friends. Thanks, Ronda, for the award. And now, I’ll try to do justice to your fun questions.
1. Where is your cell phone? Right next to me on my bed (since that’s where I’m sitting right now.)
2. Your hair? Clean, just past my chin, auburn this month, flat because it’s almost bedtime.
3. My mother? Um, what about her? She’s my mother.
4. Your father? Same deal. Neither of them live very far away, so I see them regularly.
5. Favorite food? Snow crab. And really, I’m not very picky.
6. Your dream last night? Can I plea the fifth on this one? No? Let’s just say it involved me, my friend Jen, Las Vegas, shopping, lightening and some seriously amazing thunder. Oh, and probably a bestselling novel—or I could be inserting that in mentally, not sure. Don’t remember much else, sorry.
7. Favorite drink? Dr. Pepper rocks!
8. Your dream/goal? You already know this answer—my novel on the New York Times Bestseller List. Duh!
9. What room are you in? My bedroom.
10. Your hobby? Besides writing? Reading, listening to music, driving around in my car, shopping, traveling, hanging with my family.
11. Your fear? Something happening to my husband or kids.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? A bestselling author living on a tropical island.
13. Where were you last night? In Las Vegas.
14. Something you aren't. Fake, a liar, perfect.
15. Muffins? Yes please. I like all except ones with walnuts in them.
16. Wish list item? Trip to Hawaii. Macbook Air, new carpet, living room chairs.
17. Where did you grow up? Everywhere. =) Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Utah.
18. Last thing you did? Caught up on three days worth of email.
19. What are you wearing? Pajamas.
20. Your TV? On. Watching “The Breakup”.
21. Your pet? Two golden retrievers, Tika and Dixie.
22. Your friends? THE BEST!
23. Your life? Is now complete. =) Full, awesome.
24. Your mood? Calm, content, happy.
25. Missing someone? Always.
26. Vehicle? 2004 Ford Mustang convertible. Red.
27. Something you're not wearing? Jewelry. (Are ya shocked? Yeah, well, I don’t wear it to bed.)
28. Your favorite store? That is a loaded question. Depends on what I’m shopping for, and the purpose for which I need it. Express maybe? Victoria’s Secret? Dillards? Really, I have to choose just one?
29. Your favorite color? Depends on my mood. Usually green or purple. Or pink. Or blue.
30. When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago. I laugh regularly.
31. Last time you cried? Last week, I think.
32. Your best friend? Besides Gary and my kids, Jennifer, Tiffany, Raylene, Lori, Mitzi, and Tova.
33. One place that I go over and over? The schools. Drive to school, pick up from school, drive to school, pick up from school. It’s a never-ending cycle. Same thing with the grocery store. Can’t figure out why…
34. One person who e-mails me regularly? My writing groups—SuperEdits, AuthorsIncognito, NovelThoughts, ANWA—my cousin Kellie, my coauthor Cindy…wow, do you really want this list? It’s pretty long.
35. Favorite place to eat? Mexico, a cruise ship, the beach, the mountains. (No one said it has to be a restaurant.)
Now for the five I've tagged to receive this award:
1. Rachelle: For always being there when I need encouragement or a good edit. Also, for her ability to continue on when most other people would give up, and seeing the forest for the trees. You are a constant example to me.
2. Danyelle: For patience and strength, and a deep and abiding ability to encourage others and be a good friend. Even as she collected rejection after rejection, she always rejoiced with others when they found success, and continues to do so every day.
3. Josh Perkey: Who watches out for others, gives excellent input, and is generally an all around great guy/editor. I’m so lucky to have him for a friend.
4. Darvell Hunt: Who is the head and heart behind Authors Incognito, and who has toiled and labored at his writing as long or longer than anyone else I know. Success is headed his way very soon.
5.Tristi Pinkston: For always saying it like it is with class and panache. The Storymakers wouldn’t be the same without her, and neither would Authors Incognito.
Since I was limited to five people, there are others I didn’t tag. Cindy Beck was tagged by both Karlene Browning and Ronda Hinrichson, and Connie Hall is dealing with a lot of things and I’m not sure she’s up to answering all these questions. But she definitely deserves an honorable mention for her sweet generosity, kind heart, and stalwart strength.
Thanks again, Ronda. And good luck with the release of your book, Missing.
Hey, you five, if you answer this tag, let me know. I really want to read your answers. Thanks. Until next time, write on.