Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th--Good Luck for Mckay

By Nichole Giles

My son Mckay said, "I don't get why Friday the thirteenth is supposed to be bad luck. I actually had a lucky day today."

"Really?" I said. "What was so lucky about it?"

"Because," he said, "all the strawberry milk was NOT gone when I went to lunch. I got one of the last ones."

Nevermind that they had a Valentine's Day party, frosted sugar cookies and covered them with sprinkles. Nevermind that he came home with a bag of valentines and candy, or that he and I spent the evening hanging out after all his siblings took off with their friends. Forget about the enormous snow fort he and his friends constructed at school--which didn't even cave in on them. My son is lucky because he got to drink strawberry milk with his turkey sandwich.

Oh, to be eight again!

No comments: